Visit Fibertec's Website
Premium Side Slider WIndows
500 Premium Side Slider: Standard SeriesFibertec's premium Side Slider window series features metal pull handles on each sash, low profile latches, as well as an integral interlock where the two sashes meet at the closing point. This side slider window is also suited for high end retrofit and new construction applications.
This side slider window features two sashs that operate horizontally allowing air circulation through both sides, thus providing maximum ventilation and tilt-out access for easy window cleaning and maintenance. Spiral balances ensure effortless and smooth operation of both sashes. Fibertec windows provide one of the narrowest sight lines, thus giving you more glass area. The side slider window is more suitable for longer openings. Fibertec Window & Door Mfg. carries the most extensive glass options available catering to extreme weather climates. Anti-corrosion screens are on the outside of the window, and come in standard full screen or optional half screen. Fibertec has developed a fiberglass window system featuring advanced technology, resulting in one of the worlds best energy-rated systems that is environmentally friendly and is used in sustainable building.
500 Premium Side Slider Windows: Wood Clad Fiber® SeriesOur Wood Clad window series offers the best of both worlds the carefree and durability aspects of a fiberglass window frame, plus the beauty of a real stainable oak wood interior. We recommend that the wood be treated immediately after installation in order to maintain its beauty.
• STANDARD SERIES: 3 ¼" Pultruded Fiberglass Frame completely filled with laser die cut Polystyrene, injection moulded reinforced mitered corners with Polyurethane foam fill and sealed with silicone sealant.
• WOOD CLAD SERIES: 3 ¼" Pultruded Fiberglass Frame and Sash laminated with real stainable oak wood . Completely filled with laser die cut Polystyrene, injection moulded reinforced mechanical welded corners with Polyurethane foam fill, sealed with silicone sealant and in compliance with AAMA 1011.S2 and CAN/CSA-A440.0 and CSA A440.2 (AAMA 101-93) standards.
• PAINT FINISH: Standard White using Sequoia TM series V advanced acrylic polyurethane (water borne) baked on finish. Rated environmentally friendly due to low VOC. Custom colours.
• GLAZING STOPS: uPVC exterior glass stop with co-extruded gasket, ensures a positive seal to the sealed unit glass.
• WEATHER-STRIPPING: Fin pile weather strip around frame and sash perimeter to ensure constant contact with main frame. Added sash interlock also provides for an air tight seal.
• HARDWARE: Recessed thumb release tabs for easy tilt action on both sashes, available in white or sandalwood colour.
• GLASS: Double glazing – 7/8" sealed units with 5/8" air space. Triple glazing (optional) – 7/8" sealed units with ¼" air space. Various other optional glazings are available, to suit any climate condition or esthetics.
• GLAZING METHOD: The glass is held in place by a removable exterior glass stop. Double-sided foam tape on the interior and a thermoplastic rubber gasket on the exterior assist in securing the glass. The glazing cavity is edge drained to the exterior with concealed drainage holes. The glazing cavity is also edge vented to the exterior through concealed vent holes.
• INSECT SCREEN: Full height, roll-formed aluminum frame held in place with aluminum knife latches. Screen mesh (Fiberglass or Aluminum) retained by vinyl spline.
• ATTACHMENTS: Jamb extensions, Strap Anchors, PVC nailing fin, are available for installation applications.
• SIZES AVAILABLE: 2 Panel SLD Minimum width 24", Minimum height 14", Maximum width 72", Maximum height 72". 3 Panel SLD Minimum width 60", Minimum height 14", Maximum width 120", Maximum height 60. Fibertec manufactures to sizes specified + / - 1/8" (3.17 mm) industry tolerance.
• INSTALLATION: Shall be performed by experienced installers in accordance with manufacturer instructions and CSA A440.4 standards. Window shall be plumb and square after installation is complete and sealed to both interior and exterior wall with high quality sealant around the perimeter of the frame. If perimeter cavity is to be foamed, additional anchorage may be required to prevent bowing. It shall be the responsibility of the installers to make all necessary final adjustments to ensure normal and smooth operation.
• MAINTENANCE: Occasional cleaning of glass and frame components with a non-abrasive detergent is recommended.
• TEST RESULTS: Products have been independently tested and rated by AAMA, and NFRC (see energy ratings).