Visit Fibertec's Website
Patio Sliding Doors
700 Patio Sliding Contemporary: Standard SeriesThe fiberglass patio doors frame and sash allows continuous smooth operation and eliminate the need for metal reinforcement which can diminish the energy efficiency of the frames. The sliding screen door made with heavy gauge extruded aluminum slides freely on a stainless steel track using adjustable heavy-duty ball bearing rollers on both top and bottom.
700 Sliding Patio Doors: Wood Clad Fiber® SeriesOur Wood Clad Fiberglass patio Door series offers the best of both worlds the carefree and durability aspects of a fiberglass door frame, plus the beauty of a real stainable oak wood interior. We recommend that the wood be treated immediately after installation in order to maintain its beauty.
• STANDARD SERIES: 5 3/4" Pultruded Fiberglass Frame filled with laser die cut Polystyrene and pressure treated wood blocking, injection moulded reinforced mechanical welded corners with Polyurethane foam fill, sealed with silicone sealant and are independently tested to AAMA 101/I.S.2, CAN/CSA A440.1 and CSA A440.2 standards. Rating [CSA 440 A3/B7/C4] [AAMA HC-55]
• WOOD CLAD SERIES: 5 3/4" Pultruded Fiberglass Frame and Sash laminated with real stainable oak wood filled with laser die cut Polystyrene and pressure treated wood blocking, injection moulded reinforced mechanical welded corners with Polyurethane foam fill, sealed with silicone sealant and are independently tested to AAMA 101/I.S.2, CAN/CSA A440.1 and CSA A440.2 standards. Rating [CSA 440 A3/B7/C4] [AAMA HC-55]
• PAINT FINISH: Standard White finish using Sequoia TM series V advanced acrylic polyurethane (water borne) baked on finish. Rated environmentally friendly due to low VOC. Custom colours are available (sill always remains sandalwood).
• DOOR PANELS: Operating panel is equipped with two sets of adjustable ball bearing tandem rollers.
• HARDWARE: Attractive metal handle on operating panel in white or brown, is available with an optional key lock. As well, the optional foot lock allows operating panel to be locked in shut or slightly opened position.
• GLAZING STOPS: Standard uPVC extruded glass stop to ensure positive seal. Glazing tape is a closed cellular (foam) double adhesive backed tape.
• GLASS: Double glazing with uPVC glass stop – 1" sealed units with 11/16" air space. Various other optional glazings are available, to suit any climate condition or esthetics. Triple glazing-1 1/4" sealed unit with 3/8" air space.
• GLAZING METHOD: The fixed and operating lites utilize laid-in glazing using polyethylene closed cell tape on the exterior, and OVC glass stop locked-in from the interior provides a secure and positive seal for glass.
• SIZES AVAILABLE: Minimum nominal size 60" x 80" Maximum nominal size 189" x 96" Custom sizes are also available. Doors are available in two, three (end operator only), and four panel (center operators). Fibertec manufactures to sizes specified + / - 1/8" (3.17 mm) industry tolerance.
• SCREEN: Extruded aluminum frame with anti-rot fiberglass mesh, equipped with spring loaded rollers at the top and bottom to ensure ease of operation and accurate fitting. Thumb lock is a standard feature as well.
• INSTALLATION: Shall be performed by experienced installers in accordance with manufacturer instructions and CSA A440.4 standards. Window shall be plumb and square after installation is complete and sealed to both interior and exterior wall with high quality sealant around the perimeter of the frame. If perimeter cavity is to be foamed, additional anchorage may be required to prevent bowing. It shall be the responsibility of the installers to make all necessary final adjustments to ensure normal and smooth operation.
• MAINTENANCE: Occasional cleaning of glass and frame components with a non-abrasive detergent is recommended.
• TEST RESULTS: Products have been independently tested and rated by AAMA, and NFRC (see energy ratings).