Visit Fibertec's Website
Premium Fixed (DHT) WIndows
500 Premium Fixed Windows: Standard Series (DHT)Fiberglass Fixed windows are stationary units (they do not open). They`re great for letting in light and exposing views, but provide no ventilation. Fiberglass Fixed windows look good by themselves or in combination with other window styles such as the 500 double hung tilt window.
500 Premium Fixed Windows: Wood Clad Fiber® Series (DHT)Our fiberglass stainable laminate window series offers the best of both worlds – the carefree and durability aspects of a fiberglass window frame, plus the beauty of a stainable oak laminate interior.
• STANDARD SERIES: 3 1/4" Pultruded Fiberglass Frame with closed back frame, composite block reinforced butt joint corner inserts with foam (jamb to sill) gasket and sealed with silicone sealant. Sash has co-pultruded lift rail on top and bottom sash for pleasing esthetic look.Center meeting rail has co-pultruded interlock and in compliance with AAMA 1011.S2 and CAN/CSA-A440.0 and CSA A440.2 (AAMA 101-93) standards.
• WOOD CLAD SERIES: 3 1/4" Pultruded Fiberglass Frame with closed back frame, composite block reinforced butt joint corner inserts with foam (jamb to sill) gasket and sealed with silicone sealant. Sash has co-pultruded lift rail on top and bottom sash for pleasing esthetic look. Centre meeting rail has co-pultruded interlock. Pultruded Fiberglass Frame and Sash laminated with wood grain stainable oak laminate.
• PAINT FINISH: Standard White using Sequoia TM series V advanced acrylic polyurethane (water borne) baked on finish. Rated environmentally friendly due to low VOC.
• GLASS: Double glazing – 7/8" sealed units with 5/8" air space. Triple glazing (optional) – 7/8" sealed units with 1/4" air space. Various other optional glazings are available, to suit any climate condition or esthetics.
• GLAZING METHOD: The glass is held in place by a removable exterior aluminum glass stop. Double-sided foam tape on the interior and a thermoplastic rubber gasket on the exterior assist in securing the glass. The glazing cavity is edge drained to the exterior with concealed drainage holes. The glazing cavity is also edge vented to the exterior through concealed vent holes
• INSECT SCREEN: Extruded aluminum screen bar with tight sealing friction fits Santoprene gasket, screened with anti-rot fiberglass mesh.
• ATTACHMENTS: Jamb extensions, Strap Anchors, PVC nailing fin, are available for installation applications.
• SIZES AVAILABLE: Minimum width 12", Minimum height 12", Maximum width 84", Maximum height 84". Fibertec manufactures to sizes specified + / - 1/8" (3.17 mm) industry tolerance.
• INSTALLATION: Shall be performed by experienced installers in accordance with manufacturer instructions and CSA A440.4 standards. Window shall be plumb and square after installation is complete and sealed to both interior and exterior wall with high quality sealant around the perimeter of the frame. If perimeter cavity is to be foamed, additional anchorage may be required to prevent bowing. It shall be the responsibility of the installers to make all necessary final adjustments to ensure normal and smooth operation.
• MAINTENANCE: Occasional cleaning of glass and frame components with a non-abrasive detergent is recommended.
• TEST RESULTS: Products have been independently tested and rated by AAMA, and NFRC (see energy ratings).