Visit Fibertec's Website
300 Awning Windows: Standard SeriesFibertec fiberglass awning windows are a compression sealing window that opens outwards to provide maximum ventilation even in rainy weather. It also offers easy cleaning, and a superior air/water tightness. Fibertec windows provide one of the narrowest sight lines, thus giving you more glass area. The awning window is more suitable for wider shorter openings.
300 Awning Windows: Wood Clad Fiber® SeriesOur Wood Clad window series offers the best of both worlds – the carefree and durability aspect of a fiberglass window frame, plus the beauty of a real stainable oak or maple wood interior.
• STANDARD SERIES: 3 1/4" Pultruded Fiberglass Closed Back Frame completely filled with laser die cut Polystyrene, injection moulded reinforced mechanical welded corners with Polyurethane foam fill, sealed with silicone sealant and are independently tested to AAMA 101/I.S.2, CAN/CSA A440.1 and CSA A440.2 standards. Rating [CSA 440 A3/B7/C4] [AAMA HC-55]
• WOOD CLAD SERIES: 3 1/4" Pultruded Fiberglass Closed Back Frame laminated with real stainable oak wood or maple wood, Completely filled with laser die cut Polystyrene, injection moulded reinforced mechanical welded corners with Polyurethane foam fill, sealed with silicone sealant and are independently tested to AAMA 101/I.S.2, CAN/CSA A440.1 and CSA A440.2 standards. Rating [CSA 440 A3/B7/C4] [AAMA HC-55]
• PAINT FINISH: Stock colours are White in and out, White in and Commercial Brown (exterior), White in and Sandalwood (exterior), using Sequoia TM series V advanced acrylic polyurethane (water borne) baked on finish. Rated environmentally friendly due to low VOC. Custom colours are available.
• GLAZING STOPS: Extruded aluminum stops with Santoprene bulb-seal to ensure a positive seal and provide rain screen principal to keep water out.
• WEATHER-STRIPPING: The three seal design conforms to the rain screen principle. The exterior seal prevents dust and rain penetration. The center thermoplastic bulb seal prevents air leakage. The inner thermoplastic seal restricts air from circulating into the hardware cavity and condensing on the sash and on the hardware. The weather-stripping is replaceable.
• HARDWARE: Encore from Truth Hardware is an innovative operator that offers an interchangeable cover and folding handle design. Available in white, coppertone, chestnut bronze and aluminum finish.
• GLASS: Double glazing - 3/4" sealed units with 1/2" air space. Triple glazing (optional) - 1 5/16" sealed units (maximum operator width 48"). Various other optional glazings are available, to suit any climate condition or esthetics.
• GLAZING METHOD: The glass is held in place by a removable exterior glass stop. Double-sided closed cell foam tape on the interior and a Santoprene rubber gasket on the exterior assist in securing the glass. The glazing cavity is edge drained to the exterior with concealed drainage holes. The glazing cavity is also edge vented to the exterior through concealed vent holes.
• INSECT SCREEN: Extruded aluminum screen bar with tight sealing friction fits Santoprene gasket, screened with anti-rot fiberglass mesh.
• ATTACHMENTS: Brickmould (with or without nailing flange) three types, Jamb extensions, Strap Anchors, PVC nailing fin, are available for installation applications.
• SIZES AVAILABLE: Minimum width 22", Minimum height 18", Maximum width 60", Maximum height 48". Fibertec manufactures to sizes specified + / - 1/8" (3.17 mm) industry tolerance.
• INSTALLATION: Shall be performed by experienced installers in accordance with manufacturer instructions and CSA A440.4 standards. Window shall be plumb and square after installation is complete and sealed to both interior and exterior wall with high quality sealant around the perimeter of the frame. If perimeter cavity is to be foamed, additional anchorage may be required to prevent bowing. It shall be the responsibility of the installers to make all necessary final adjustments to ensure normal and smooth operation.
• MAINTENANCE: Occasional cleaning of glass and frame components with a non-abrasive detergent is recommended.
• TEST RESULTS: Products have been independently tested and rated by AAMA, and NFRC (see energy ratings).